Friday, October 01, 2010

Warrnumbool Friday



First thing we went to the whale viewing location at Logan's Beach where you can view Right Whales on a good day. We only saw surfers; it is late in the season.



Then we headed down the coast to the nature reserve at Tower Hill, built around a dormant volcano. This was a most interesting place, and free! The reserve has been replanted and restocked with animals since about 1966.

Apparently snakes sometimes bask on the boardwalks - Doug was hoping to see one; I was hoping that we wouldn't. (I prefer my snakes behind glass!)





We loved the koalas, sitting in the gum trees in the carpark.





The fantail looks the same as ours. This blue wren was so pretty - difficult to get him to stay still.

1 comment:

Kris said...

I'm so pleased that you finally saw koalas. I really like them as well.