Monday, February 20, 2006

At the historic club hillclimb on Sunday I tried out the digital camera for the first time. It was quite easy when cars were stationary, this old tractor (the one on the left ha-ha sorry, Doug) had been stationary for about 60 years!

When cars move, it's much harder, you have to follow them (pan) and press the button at the right time. It's easy to catch an empty road, with a car just coming or just going, or half a car! And when you look at your picture, you can easily take a picture of the grass!

But I did get some good pictures, with the help of a little photoshop cropping. I know how to zoom and change the batteries, and I also know that once you have turned the camera off, all the settings that worked are no longer set! It's all up hill from here!

1 comment:

Bertle said...

I suppose this is quite understandable, especially when you are trying to photograph such high velocity vehicles. lol